Tuesday 16 March 2010

Blogging using an iPhone app

I try not to go on about how great I find the iPhone and hardly ever say 'there's an app for that'.
However, on the whole the iPhone is a great piece of kit and I do seem to have an application for just about everything.

Doing plenty of freelance journalism and PR work I find it invaluable, but I can see an even bigger use for it in reporting live events.
You can instantly email or tweet, attaching a geolocation and picture - via TwitPic - to the latter.
The iPhone even has he ability to upload content to sites such as Flickr and YouTube.
Or, as I'm testing out at the moment, publish directly to a blog.
The application I'm using to publish to this Blogger site is called BlogPress.
It's free and simple to use, and if it works, will mean I can update my blog from anywhere I have a mobile phone signal.
Of course Wordpress have a similar iPhone app which I've used for a while to keep on top of several sites and it works perfectly.

So, without becoming an iPhone bore, there's yet another reason why you should have one these devices.

No comments: